Petanque England awards levels Green
The emphasis of this award is placed upon participation. Participants will need to complete all the listed activities in order to pass. The tasks that are to be undertaken in this award are of an advanced standard to that of the White award. There is no specific standard to be achieved in order to pass. A pass will be awarded to any individual that can prove to the examiner that they can complete the tasks set out competently and in a consistent manner.
1. To be able to point a boule from a squatting position towards a Cochonnet placed at 6m stopping within 75 cm of the Cochonnet.
2. To be able to hit a boule without landing more than 50 cm in front of the target boule that is placed at the minimum playing distance laid down in the International rules of the game.
3. Demonstrate to the examiner that the candidate can throw a Cochonnet to within a circle of 1 m in diameter at a distance within that laid down in the International rules of the game. The examiner is responsible for ensuring that the distance at which a Cochonnet is thrown to is varied at least 3 times.
4. Demonstrate to the examiner that the candidate can point a boule to within a circle of 70 cm in diameter whereby the examiner is responsible for ensuring that the distance at which a boule is pointed to is varied at least 3 times.
5. Demonstrate to the Examiner how you measure the distance a boule is from the Cochonnet correctly.
6. To play as a double a complete game of Petanque demonstrating an understanding of the basic International Rules of Petanque.
1. To be able to explain to the examiner what is meant by the following, terms: Pointer, Shooter, Milieu
2. To inform the examiner of the answers to the following rules:-
3. How you score points in a game
4. What happens if the Cochonnet becomes dead during an end.
5. Why you should mark the positions of the boule after each boule is played
All candidates should be able to satisfy the examiner in that they have learnt the basics required to play a full game of Petanque properly. It is expected that participants will complete this award within 9 months of learning to play the game of Petanque.